Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Bramble Elsie looks to be one who may be the closest to lambing. She is bred to BluffCountry Paladin and I think should lamb within the next week. Last year, bred to a dark brown ram Elsie gave us twin ewe lambs. One white and one black with a large smirslet marking. We know that the black came from Elsie so with this breeding she could produce either white, black or possibly moorit.
I also think its possible she could carry spots and if so there is a 50/50 chance of a spotted baby. Unfortunately if she has a white baby, he or she could be spotted underneath all the white and we wouldn't know it from looking at it.

Tomorrow is their first due date! I'm hoping for lambs by the weekend!

2 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Highland Hollow Emporium

    It works! My Shetland Sheep ring button works, it took me to your blog. Thanks for helping Jane get it worked out. (It only took her 3 weeks) It looks like you'll be having lambs soon.
    Happy lambing,
    Highland Hollow Emporium  

  2. # Blogger Highland Hollow Emporium

    Hi Kim,
    The Shetland Sheep ring button worked!!! Thank you so much for helping Jane get it running. (it only took her 3 weeks) It looks like you'll be having lambs soon.
    Happy lambing,
    Highland Hollow Emporium  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.