Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.



Lambing is Getting Closer.....

This week on Thursday we sheared our sheep. They seem so small now! Now that we can see more of their bellies and udders we can get an idea on how close we are to lambing. This is LocksField Brigid and I'm thinking maybe twins for her first time lambing. I did have one ewe last year that looked a lot like Brigid does. She carried her baby up high with the "bumps" out on each side. Thats right, one baby. But he was a very big baby. Brigid is bred to Sheltrgpines Arturo who is a spotted emsket ram.

Here is Bramble Maisie who is one of the four ewes we took to Illinois in December for Artificial Insemination. She is bred to Island Skeld who is a UK ram. She still has about 2 weeks before she is due to lamb. The UK bred ewes are due on April 29th and these babies will be 75% UK.

The official "Lamb Watch" will begin on the 20th. Be sure to check back often for updates!

3 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger shepherdchik

    Hi Kim: I love your blog! Your website it also so professional. How do you get the little graphs on the side with your project percentages?

    p.s. yes she looks like twins to me! yeah.  

  2. # Blogger Kim Nikolai

    Thanks Rebecca! I'm the Website Coordinator for a school district at my day job so I've learned a thing or two on creating web pages (smile). I found the graphs on another site. It's some free javascript that goes in the template.

    I hope she does have twins! They will be modified! She is fawn and the dad is emsket.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'll be sure to keep my eye on your blog for lamb pictures - that's so exciting!

    You mentioned on the TCKnit list that you'll be at Shepherd's Harvest, I hope to see you there!  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.