Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


SWATCH, SWATCH AND MORE SWATCHING.....

Seems like this is all I've done for the past week. I thought I had it figured out on Bob's FLAK sweater but ended up taking a swim in the frog pond on that one. I started all over and I think I'm getting close.


Then there is my sister's FLAK sweater that I'm spinning the yarn for. The last skein of yarn came out in a finer weight than the first 3 did. So, I thought it best to wash up the skeins and start some swatching for it. I've started with some of the heavier weight yarn and while I'm very close to getting gauge on it I'm not sure I should now use it. The last swatch I did was on size 3 needles and I got 21 stitches/4 inches. I'm without a long enough size 2 needle at the moment to try but I'm afraid of using such a small needle for this sweater. I think I'll try the finer weight yarn out too. So...more swatching ahead for me!

I'm so anxious to get these sweaters going but I absolutely WILL get gauge first!

This afternoon we will be in the barn giving the sheep wormer vaccinations. We have 5 sheep leaving tomorrow to go to their new home so it seems like a good time to do it. I sure hope it warms up some!

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.