Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.




Emily loves to play ball. She gets so very intense when I have the ball in my hand and I thought I'd try to capture it. She had misplaced her squeaky balls and found them today under the couch. I've never seen her so happy to have them back. She likes to play with both at the same time by using her feet to move one around on the floor while she keeps the other one in her mouth squeaking it at the same time. We've decided she is the most spoiled dog. She has so many toys that we almost need a toy box for them. Of course she is the first dog we've had who actually likes to play with her toys. She is such a joy. Just now she brought her ball to me and layed it in my lap. I guess I will go play with her now......

See more of Emily here.

2 Responses to “”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh what a gorgeous little girl! Have you found her being so smart to be a problem? I've heard BCs are incredibly smart. The "real" Twig was a golden retriever mix and uncannily smart -- which led to her getting into all sorts of troubles.

    Scritches to Emily!  

  2. # Blogger Kim Nikolai

    I did a lot of reading on BCs before she arrived and have been very careful to not give her too many opportunities to get bored. We keep her very busy and when we can't we kennel her (like when our jobs intrude in our lives ;-)). She is almost 8 months old now and has learned a lot already. In a few more months we can start her training on herding the sheep!  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.