Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.




Dark Pink Malabrigo and Rowan Kidsilk Haze

My next project from my shopping expedition last weekend begins with some hand warmers in this yummy yarn. I did a custom knitting job right before Christmas for a woman who brought me this kettle dyed yarn from Uraguay. It's Merino wool and is the softest wool I've worked with so far. And yes, I think it just might be a little softer than my Shetland wool! I've added some Kidsilk Haze to it so that it has just a hint of fuzz to it. I'm thinking I'll make a moebius to match. My office at work is usually very cold so I thought these would be great to keep me warm while there.

These two projects I think are great to switch back and forth from when my hands get tired. The different weights of yarn seem to work the muscles in my hands and arms differently and keeps me knitting longer.



Handwarmer

I've finished one of the handwarmers and am working on the next. I tried it out at work and it works!

Okay, so this got put on hold....too many projects, too little time!

1 Responses to “”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I love that color. Beautiful! I'm dying to make a pair of these. They are on my TO DO list, but I've been busy and haven't had a chance to knock them out. Hope you get to finish yours!
    Happy Hump Day!
    SP8  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.