Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


This weekend I attended a spinning retreat put on by the Northern Lights Spinning Guild. It was held at YMCA camp in Loretto, MN. There were about 25 or so women who attended and it offered some wonderful classes. It was wonderful to be able to get together with my friends Nancy, Becky, Angie and Gail as well as meeting so many wonderfully talented women in the Guild.



I worked on spinning some of my musket Shetland roving. I managed to fill two full bobbins of single ply and came home this afternoon to try out the bulky head that came with my Lendrum spinning wheel. I was able to ply both bobbins of single ply into a full 4 oz. skein of yarn. Up until this afternoon I've been limited to making 2 oz skeins.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.