Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


My Day/Pi Update

I've had such a wonderful day! I've been swatching in preparation to begin a sweater with the FLAK group. In fact, I guess I'll be doing 2 of them! I am spinning the yarn for one I'm doing for my sister and I've also ordered yarn to make a cardigan for my husband. I did a poll recently amongst the men in my household (my husband and my 3 sons) and asked them if I were to knit you a sweater, would you actually wear it? My husband seemed the most appreciative so of course I MUST knit one for him. Two of my sons said absolutely not! So, I will wait a few years and ask again hoping some day they will see the value in a hand knit sweater. My other son said he probably wouldn't wear it when he was out with his friends but when he was with us and doing "family" things he thought he would. This son will get a sweater much sooner than the others will. Here are the swatches for my husband's FLAK cardigan:


This isn't the color I'll be using for his sweater. His will actually be Antique Blue. I happened to have the same kind of yarn in my stash and decided to use it for the swatches while I wait for the blue yarn to arrive.

Now, on to my Pi Shawl. I am still making progress on my shawl but it is definately slowing down. I took some pics today in attempt to show the progress I've made but decided it's very hard to get it to lay out well. It just looks like a big sack. Oh well, for what its worth here it is.














The one on the right shows the center motif well.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.