Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


I've been very busy working on some handspun for a KAL I've decided to do. I've joined the FLAK group and will be knitting an aran sweater for my sister Kerri. So far I've completed 12 oz. of yarn. I'm extremely tempted to start on the sweater because it's designed by Janet Szabo who is one of my favorite designers. This sweater is knit from the top down so it will be a learning experience for me. I've done aran sweaters before but I've always knitted them from the bottom up and in pieces so they had to be sewn together. Not my favorite part of making sweaters! I'm going to try very hard to be a good girl and for once get the yarn spun before I start the sweater.

Here is the yarn I've completed so far.....



I finally have gauge! Now on to the saddles!
I'll be using size 2 needles for this sweater.



Update on Kerri's FLAK Sweater

Most of my time has been spent working on Bob's FLAK Cardigan. I really felt like I've been neglecting my sister's sweater so I took it out today and finished the second saddle. I seem to have found some balance on some of my other projects by picking them up almost on a daily basis and working on them for a short time before I pick up Bob's sweater. I hope to continue working on this sweater in the same matter at least until I finish one of them.

4 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Tonni

    What a lovely gift... an aran sweater with your own handspun yarn!! Can I be your adopted sister???  

  2. # Blogger Kim Nikolai

    She is a great sister! But its not just for her ;-) It's for me too. It will be chronicled on my website and will hopefully be of some help in promoting my Shetlands.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Love your hand spun yarn and it looks so neat. I am a beginner spinner and my yarn does not look like that. I wish.  

  4. # Blogger Kim Nikolai

    Thanks loren, keep practicing and it will!  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.