Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


BOB'S BLUE FLAK CARDIGAN


I'm so excited! The yarn arrived today for Bob's sweater! I had just sat down to knit and was wishing it was here so that I could get started on his sweater. I was knitting for maybe 10 minutes when Bob went to the door to get the mail from our mail carrier. He came in and set the box down on the kitchen table and I had this feeling like maybe it could be his yarn. But then I thought no, that would be way too quick for it to arrive. Yeah! It came from Elann.com and it has to be the fasted delivery I've ever had!

I have enough of the back of Bob's cardigan completed to get an idea of how it will look.



This time I think it's going much better and will fit him. It's amazing what getting gauge can do.

March 7, 2006
Progress on Bob's FLAK Cardigan!


Now, I was going to post this after I completed the back to the underarm until I found out from my husband that there are a few people he works with who have been checking his sweater out on my blog. Hello Arctic Glacier, Inc. employees (at least the ones who have been watching ;-). There is still an inch to go on the back and then I'll put the stitches on a holder for awhile. I'll then start working on the front and complete that to the underarm. Thanks for watching and feel free to ask Bob (as much as you possibly can) how is sweater is coming!!

FLAK Update!

I've finished the right front on Bob's FLAK and have started on the left side.


Here is just the right front:

(if you click on the pictures you can see it a bit larger)


You can see in the photos that I switched from using the circular needles to the straight needles towards the bottom of the front. I didn't like how the moss stitch on the side looks like it's dragging down. If when I get the other side done using the straight needles it look better I may frog the right side and do it over. I'd love to hear opinions on this! Does anyone think it might straighten out once the sleeves are on it?

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.