Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.



I haven't talked about Emily for awhile and thought I would share some exciting news. Emily and I will very soon be taking lessons at Kensmuir Farms in River Falls, WI. We are going to begin our training to herd sheep. I found Kensmuir through my friend Susan in Wyoming who also raises Shetland sheep and Border Collies. Susan is much more experienced in training working stock dogs and I very much appreciate her expertise. Susan has also invited me to attend a clinic in May at Kensmuir featuring Derek Scrimgeour who is from Scotland and is a very well known expert in training working stock dogs. Both Emily and I plan to camp out with Susan at the clinic and will hopefully be able to take a lesson with Derek while we are there.

Emily is now 10 months old and has come into her first "heat". I would post a picture of her but she is rather embarrassed right now because she has to where "underpants" in the house. I have to say it is quite challenging to keep her separated from my son's dog Kaiser. While Kaiser is quite handsome in his own way he is not a suitable match for Emily. Kaiser is a very nice friendly Pit Bull and I'll let you imagine what their puppies would look like. Hopefully we won't find out!

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.