Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.



Kimberwood Lydia
Here is one of the two ewe lambs that will be lambing for me this year. This is the first time I've bred them this young and I have to admit to being nervous about it. I've always waited until my ewes were a year old before breeding them but there are many breeders out there who do breed the ewe lambs in the fall of the year they were born and without problems. So, I decided to try it this year mainly because I had some very nice ones and was anxious to see what they would produce. Lydia is bred to SheltrgPines Arturo this year and should give me a single lamb.

Behind her to the right is Bramble Meg who is looking particularly large in this photo. She is bred to BluffCountry Paladin this year. Hmmm, maybe triplets from her?

I wish my ewes were on the other side of the barn. They are on the north side where there is a lot of shade so the pictures look rather dull.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.