Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


APRIL 20th IS HERE!

Today is our due date! This actually means today is the first possible day our lambing could begin. The rams were introduced into the breeding groups 146 days ago. If any of the ewes happen to be at the right moment in their cycle and were bred on the day the rams went into the breeding groups they could lamb today. Of course if the ewes weren’t ready we could be in for a bit of a wait.

Today’s ewe is Thistle Keep Red Deer. She is a 2 year old “musket” ewe and is lambing for the first time this spring. Musket is the name of her color. She started out as a moorit lamb and lightened up. Just like a grey lamb starts out black and lightens up. She is bred to Kimberwood Gavrael who is our white “scurred” ram. The term “scur” refers to the type of horns he has (or doesn’t have actually). Red Deer will probably have a single lamb and most likely it will be either white or musket.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.