Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Mystri delivers a ram lamb....

Kimberwood Spirit
Grey or Musket Katmoget (Ag) Ram Lamb
Kimberwood Mystri X Kimberwood Chance

This little guy was here to greet me this morning on my first ewe check of the day. Mystri is a first time mom, delivered him and took care of him all without a problem. I've ended up with bottle lambs before because a first time mom didn't know to take care of her lamb. I'm not sure yet if he is brown based or black based. He almost looks a musket rather than a grey katmoget in the daylight.

This little guy is #12 for us so that makes it 8 ewe lambs to 4 ram lambs.

Labels:

5 Responses to “Mystri delivers a ram lamb....”

  1. # Blogger Sharrie

    You must be living right to get that tremendous ratio of ewe to ram. Keep it up!  

  2. # Blogger Terri D.

    Oooh, Kim, he is pretty!  

  3. # Blogger Becky Utecht

    Yes, nice looking lamb, Kim.
    And way to go on the ewe lambs. Chance is really giving you a lot of Ag, only one non-Ag lamb from him so far? It's good to know that he's not homozygous Ag. I bet he'll give you some nice fleeces in the lambs.  

  4. # Blogger Kim Nikolai

    Thanks everyone! It would have been nice if this one could have been a ewe instead of a ram. But he is beautiful as is his fleece. I'm debating on castrating him and keeping him for his wool. I'll watch him for a bit before I decide.

    Chance has given me 3 ewe lambs so far that I think are probably not Ag but will watch them longer to be certain.  

  5. # Blogger Gail V

    Way to go on that ewe year, Kim!  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.