Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Too Much

Sometimes life can get too complicated. Between an aging mother, our quest to move, expecting our first grand child, training our dogs and raising sheep this blog has been neglected. With lambing about to begin, it's time to get it updated.

We have the barn clean, the jugs set up, the sheep have been sheared, the camera is ready. All we need now are lambs! Saturday April 25th is our first due date and a few of the ewes look like they may not make it until then. We have 24 ewes intentionally bred, some more unexpectedly bred. With space limitations we had some ewes we didn't plan on breeding this year sharing fence lines with breeding pens. Seems a fence line didn't stop some of the girls from being bred. Fortunately most are cross bred ewe lambs but there are a couple of purebred shetland ewes who did get bred which means some DNA testing if they produce nice lambs. Unfortunately one of the ewes, Thistle shared the fence line with her son Chance.......time will tell!

Labels:

3 Responses to “Too Much”

  1. # Blogger Terri D.

    Welcome back to the blogisphere!  

  2. # Blogger Gail V

    No Kidding! Good to read your words. And please tell me more about DNA testing-- my records weren't perfect on one ram I used. . .  

  3. # Blogger Cynthia

    Hey woman...been wondering. We've been through a year of cancer, a youngest's wedding, financial near ruin, partnerships and friendships ending....oh I do understand. Welcome back if only for a brief season. Nice start to your lambing.  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.