Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


The Girls Are In The Lead Again

Born today May 1st our second to the last lamb for 2008:


Kimberwood Alice
(named for her Grand Dam)
Moorit? or Musket? Yuglet ???
Out of BluffCountry Glitter and Kimberwood Gentry

I've never had one so white and not Awt! Mom is musket and dad is moorit.

Only one more ewe left to lamb and she isn't due until May 18th. This shepherd will hopefully get some rest by then!

Labels:

7 Responses to “The Girls Are In The Lead Again”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    What a cutie! Those markings are sooo feminine!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    What a doll!  

  3. # Blogger Becky Utecht

    Wow, very interesting lamb Kim! She is REALLY white. I don't know if her eye liner markings go completely around to make yuglet patches - especially on the left side. I'd be interested to hear what others think. Congratulations! Good luck registering her. LOL ;-)  

  4. # Blogger Michelle

    How did you get that much white out of two solid sheep? Amazing!  

  5. # Blogger Nancy K.

    She is INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL! I'm honored that you named her after her grand dam (especially since I have always kicked myself for selling her mother!! ;-)

    So, is she a 'big white spot'? It seems to me that she must be with the eye liner and butt spot...  

  6. # Blogger Kim Nikolai

    Thanks everyone, I'm pretty smitten with her ;-)

    Yes, it's one big spot that is making her almost all white. I'm still waiting to see if she is going to be musket or not. I'd love it if she stayed moorit.

    Becky we'll have to wait and see if her eyeliner is complete or not. I think you may be right. But if not yuglet then what? Just flecket? You know, she might just have socks and we'd never know it!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Just wondering if you sell your fleeces...  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.