Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


More Crossbreds

Born today 4/18/08 to NCC Mule Y-245 and sired by Dougal:

White Crossbred Ewe Lamb (3/4 BFL)


White Crossbred Ewe Lamb w/black spot and black hind hooves.

The dam to these ewe lambs is a NCC Mule and her fleece is more like a BFL. She is a first time mom at age 2 and rivals the Shetlands in her mothering instincts. I was very impressed. The other NCC Mule we have has fleece more similar to a NCC and has not yet lambed. A BFL ram was used on these ewes the first time because we do not yet have a Terminal Sire. We are planning on purchasing a crossbred British Suffolk this year to use on them in the fall. We brought these ewes and two black NCC ewes into the flock to use in a 3-tier breeding program for market lambs and also to use in training our Border Collies to herd. We will begin their training this summer as soon as we get our round pen up.

Labels:

0 Responses to “More Crossbreds”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.