Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Spots at Kimberwood!

Born April 17th to Sheltrgpines Siomha and Kimberwood Gentry:


Kimberwood Siobhan
(pronounced sho-vahn)
Katmoget Yuglet/Flecket Ewe Lamb!


I'm having a hard time with determining if she is fawn or grey. She has areas on her belly that are darker than on her body but it looks dark brown to me not black. When looking at her next to her mom they look very similar but Siomha's eye spots and ears look darker (more black). Anyone want to enlighten me?

Here is why I think Siobhan is katmoget: See how dark the color is here on the belly?

And here on each side of her tail.
The consensus is that she is a fawn katmoget.

Labels:

1 Responses to “Spots at Kimberwood!”

  1. # Blogger Nancy K.

    Congratulations Kim! What a beauty!! She definitely looks Fawn to me. The give away is the pink skin around the eyes. If the eye patches were black, that skin would be black...

    She looks like she has really lustrous fleece! I don't see any indication of Katmoget ~ what makes you think she's a kat?  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.