Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Handling System/ Lambs Update

Almost ready! We have just a bit of fencing to do to get the system up and running. It's located behind our barn in the ewe's paddock.
And for those who have been asking.....lambs!


One of our North Country Mule Ewes with her 3/4 BFL ewe lambs.



A NCC Mule ram lamb.

A Shetland Mule ewe lamb

You'd think after taking 40 pics I'd have more to share!

Labels:

4 Responses to “Handling System/ Lambs Update”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Kim,
    Oh, good! Mine is up too!
    I put mine up in the hoopbarn as it is winter when I absolutely need the handling equipment. I see you got the tension rope up. I haven't managed that part yet. Is the handling system worthwhile yet? Susan  

  2. # Blogger Kim Nikolai

    I haven't even tested it out yet but yes, it's definitely worthwhile! We have to complete a short fence line in order to move the sheep directly into it. We have to buy a couple more hog panels and I doubt we'll have the time this week. I'm heading off to Orlando on Thursday and next weekend I'll be heading off to see you in WY! Kim  

  3. # Blogger Becky Utecht

    The handling system is going to be nice when you use it. I love your black Shetland Mule ewe lamb. I wish I would have gotten one of those! My black Shetland Mules were all boys. The NCC Mule ram lamb is very pretty too. Time to shear that NCC Mule, man, has she got a lot of fleece!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    were and how mutch did you get the handling system because my masham ewes jump the low hurdels and i need to get a system  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.