Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Kimberwood Lili Has Twins!

This morning we woke to find Kimberwood Lili with twins. Lili is one of the ewes who rejected her lamb last year (Halle). She was a first time mom when she lambed during a snow storm, closed inside the barn with all the expecting ewes. She refused to let Halle nurse and we ended up keeping her in the house for a couple days in diapers.

This year I'm happy to to report that even though she isn't yet comfortable with them nursing she is letting them nurse!

Kimberwood Lenice (NFS)
musket ewe lamb sired by Kimberwood Chance

Kimberwood Christopher
grey ram lamb
Could he be flecket or is this just Ag??
He does unfortunately have small horn buds possibly scurred.

Here's another pic of him:

Labels:

3 Responses to “Kimberwood Lili Has Twins!”

  1. # Blogger Terri D.

    I like your gray boy! I hope for some gray out of mine this year. We have our first lamb this morning!  

  2. # Blogger stephen rouse

    I would register that one as flecket even if it is Ag. It's definitely spotted. :-)  

  3. # Blogger Gail V

    Hi Kim
    yes, I'd call Christopher flecket. I'm finding that several of ours with that kind of wispy white around the head and some on the body have thrown clear, wild HST and flecket spots. So it's one variation. . .  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.