Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Didn't think anyone would lamb last night....

so I went to bed and set the alarm for 5am. For some reason I woke up at 4am and decided to go out and check on things. These are what I found! Twins, both black, one ewe and one ram. It's a good thing I went out there because I found the ram lamb inside the barn with the rest of the ewes and Katy outside with the ewe lamb. At first I thought "Oh oh, who do you belong to?". But mom claimed him right away.

This is Kimberwood Kenyon and Kimberwood Keego with their mom Kimberwood Katy. Their sire is BluffCountry Paladin but you'd never know to look at them that they carry spotting genetics! Not a speck of white on them!

So far its been all first time moms that have lambed and all are taking on the job like professionals. We still have 4 more first time moms to go and 2 of them are ewe lambs. Next weekend we could see some real action here when 3 ewes (one of the four ewes appears to have re-absorbed) who were bred by artificial insemination are due on April 29th.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.