Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Wide Load!

Is this a wide load or what! If Sharlette were human I don't think she would appreciate this shot! I know there is a lot of wool here but really, how many babies do you think this ewe is carrying?

We've had a dry spell here for the last 5 days with no new lambs arriving. Our next group of ewes are due to start arriving tomorrow and the last three groups are not yet done. In fact, out of 16 ewes in the first 3 groups only 5 have lambed so far. I think they are all waiting to lamb at the same time and keep me up all night!

2 Responses to “Wide Load!”

  1. # Blogger Becky Utecht

    Yes, she's really ROUND! I hope you get some more lambs soon. I have a feeling you're going to have a real busy week ahead of you with all those ewes about to pop.  

  2. # Blogger shepherdchik

    Yes, they are waiting for an inopportune moment and then they'll all lamb at once. It will be a sneak attack!  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.