Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


We have lambs here at Kimberwood!

Kimberwood Donnan

Kimberwood Dugald

Our first lambs arrived last night! Kimberwood Katy produced two beautiful ram lambs sired by Windswept Banning. One is moorit and the other is black with a little bit of frosting on his head. Both of these boys carry spotting genetics as well as modified genetics. It was a little too dark and they were a little too wet yet to tell if either of them are modified.

Our first 3 groups of ewes to lamb will be sired by Windswept Banning and Sheltrngpines Arturo who are both spotted and modifed rams. The 3rd group is sired by Lil'Country Rugger and he is a moorit half polled (possibly full polled) ram. These were all due to begin on April 13th (Katy was a little early). The next 4 groups begin one on April 22nd and the rest on May 2nd, are all sired by F1 UK rams. I'll tell you more about them when their lambs are closer to arriving.

One down and about 30 more ewes yet to lamb!

Labels:

2 Responses to “We have lambs here at Kimberwood!”

  1. # Blogger shepherdchik

    Wow, how neat to get two different colors from the same "batch"! The first lambs of the season are always the most fun, I think. congrats Kim!  

  2. # Blogger Ebonwald Cardigans

    Way to go Kim! They all look flashy, with or without the white! Good Job!!  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.