Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Stephen's Scarf

Finally, I have pics of Stephen's scarf. This is being made from Stephen's own handspun yarn from a katmoget ram he used to own. I haven't made as much progress on it as I would like. I've been detoured on to another project....



I work for the Prior Lake/Savage Area Schools as their Website Coordinator. Recently we moved into our new District Services Center. In an effort to save on the utility bills through out the district they have reduced the temperature in all the buildings. Needless to say there are times when we all get very cold. I made a pair of these hand warmers for myself and have been asked by many to make some for them. Now I am not fond of knitting for others just to make a couple of bucks. And lets face it I'm not going to get rich making these. So I've been making them and gifting them to those who have asked. I'll keep doing this as long as I am enjoying it. So, shhhhhh don't tell too many of them ;-)

Labels: ,

3 Responses to “Stephen's Scarf”

  1. # Blogger Becky Utecht

    Oh, I love that scarf! You've inspired me to get back to shetland lace again. And you're such a great knitter Kim, Stephen's a lucky guy.  

  2. # Blogger Michelle

    And I love those handwarmers! Is it a pattern you are willing to share? I downloaded a free pattern for mitts, but I like the simplicity of yours much better (the others are mock cable mitts). Thanks!  

  3. # Blogger Kim Nikolai

    Hi Michelle,
    I typed it up quick and put it on my website here: http://www.kimberwood.com/free_patterns.htm Let me know if you have any questions!
    Kim  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.