Kimberwood Farm

Shetland Sheep, Emily, Tru & Rabb our Border Collies,
        and all my various knitting projects.


Rest in Peace Serena

Bramble Serena 1995-2007
Serena had to be put down today. Our vet thought she may have suffered a minor stroke. I found her yesterday unable to keep her balance. We treated her for milk fever and ruled out mastitis. She didn't improve overnight in fact she got worse and couldn't get up. Dr. Dee Heezen came and put her down for us. We will miss her.

Her ewe lamb Samantha started taking a bottle last night and will be fine. I'm sure she will miss her for awhile at least.

2 Responses to “Rest in Peace Serena”

  1. # Blogger Nancy K.

    Rest in peace Serena...your little girl is very likely going to end up one VERY special lamb!

    (((Hugs, Kim!)))  

  2. # Blogger shepherdchik

    So sorry Kim. I'm glad the lamb was already born when it happened!

    p.s. I like how you added the puppy into the picture at the top of your blog!  

Post a Comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am a Shetland addict. I am a wool addict. I am a yarn addict. I love to spin, knit and raise sheep. I am owned by Emily and Rabb, my Border Collies who love to help me with the sheep. When I'm not knitting, spinning or taking care of my sheep, I work from home designing websites and as a XanGo Independent Distributor.

















Powered by Blogger



© 2006 Kimberwood Farm | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.